The Pine Grove School PTA is an organization of parents, staff, and community members dedicated to the education and well being of the children of Pine Grove School.
Educate the community at large regarding issues that directly involve Pine Grove School.
Nurture a sense of unity and continuity within the school system.
Stimulate communication between home, school, and the community.
Encourage parental and/or community input and involvement.
The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
Why Join the PTA?
• Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school. Meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7pm in the PGS Library.
• Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
• Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
• Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role by supporting building improvements through advocacy and play an important role in fundraising for curriculum based programs and social events.
• Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
• Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
• Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.
PTA meetings take place at 7 pm on the SECOND Tuesday of each month in the PGS 6th Grade Conference Room. Everyone is welcome to attend. There are no membership fees. To become a PTA member, someone just needs to attend a meeting to have access to valuable Pine Grove PTA information for the entire year.